Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Sample Weight Loss Motivators from W.I.T.S. Fitness

You’ve found this blog because you’re actively looking for information on fitness and living a healthy lifestyle. Kudos! You’ve taken one, perhaps many, steps in the right direction. Exercising isn’t just about loosing weight. It’s about being healthy. All of us here at W.I.T.S. Fitness take that very seriously. It’s not only our job, but our mission to help you be as healthy as you can be.

Question of the Day
So that begs the question: What are your weight loss motivators? Maybe your doctor told you to start exercising to reduce cholesterol. Whatever your reason, you need to be realistic by setting achievable goals.

We are not here to tell you what to do or judge. We’re here because we can help you. You might find that you’ll be more successful by changing your motivation—why you’re exercising.

Truth
Weight loss is a great motivator, but it seems that it might actually do more harm than good. How? Well, just because you loose weight doesn’t mean it will stay off. It’s easy to fall off the wagon and put the pounds back on again. So changing what motivates you may actually help by making your goal more achievable.

Sample Motivators
The W.I.T.S. Fitness certification program teaches future personal trainers not only about exercise techniques, but also healthy habits to pass on to their clients. Keyword is healthy. Your motivation needs to be centered around that word. Try some of these weight loss motivators out for a month and report your progress back to us as comments.
  • I want to improve flexibility so I can play with my kids without aching afterwards
  • My motivation is to be heart healthy (including exercise and healthy eating)
  • I want to prevent diabetes
  • I would like to decrease my chances of getting colon cancer
  • I want to live a well balanced life

These of course are only examples. But taking the pressure of weight loss may help you refocus and keep those pounds off without even realizing you’re doing it.

Find W.I.T.S. Fitness
This can be a hard task, staying healthy. Do yourself a favor and join a gym that hires trainers that have been educated with W.I.T.S. personal training.

No comments:

Post a Comment